Monday, November 26, 2007

Going Green

Hi!  I'm Susie Laker.  If you are like me, it seems that everywhere I turn, folks are talking about going green.  I didn't pay much attention to it; after all, I've been recycling forever, have a compost bin in my yard, and take my own grocery bags to the market.  When I attended the League of Women Voters Green Community kick-off meeting, I was feeling pretty smug, thinking I was way above the curve.  That thought got shot down in a hurry and I found out there was so much more I could be doing to save money, save energy and help save the planet.  Frankly, I was rather overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin.  Luckily, my friends are knowledgeable about such things and are willing to help me learn to lessen our carbon footprint.  This blog will chronicle my efforts to adopt climate-friendly lifestyle practices and to make my home "green".